[okfn-be] OSM Belgium joins OKFN Belgium

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Wed Oct 23 09:17:00 UTC 2013

Hi Open Knowledge Foundation Belgium,

Great news! OSM Belgium and OKFN Belgium are joining forces :)

http://okfn.be/2013/10/23/osm-belgium-joins-okfn-belgium/

What does this mean?

Well, it means that now we are also representing the mappers community in
Belgium as well and we now have a lot of GIS experts closer to our
community. At the Open Belgium conference the 17th of February, they will
also host their own sessions.

Apart from that, OSM Belgium stays active on their own mailing list
(obviously) and keep operating from the same identity. They will eventually
become an official chapter of OSM international. When now they need a legal
organisation for applying for government grants or what not, they will do
it through OKFN Belgium.

As chairman of the board (I'm more and more proud to be able to say this) I
officially welcome the OSMers to our community,

Pieter