[okfn-be] We need volunteers at Open Belgium 2014

Pieter-Jan Pauwels pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org
Thu Jan 2 14:39:49 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

OKFN Belgium would like to say happy new year to everyone, may 2014 be a good year for all of us, and hopefully for open data as well.

As some of you may know, to kickstart the OKFN Belgium activities in 2014 we have Open Belgium (http://www.datadays.eu/open-belgium/) coming up on the 17th of February. It will be a big event in the STAM in Ghent, and big events need big teams to make sure everything runs smoothly. That’s why we need your help.

We need 5 people to help us on February 17th. The things we need you to do are:
-3 people for receiving the attendees and registration. There a 3 needed so that you can switch during the day.
-1 person to do the artist reception so everybody knows where they need to be and when they need to be there.
-1 back-up aiding the other volunteers with the tasks displayed above.

Because we appreciate people who want to help us during this event, they will receive the very first OKFN Belgium T-shirts to wear at the event. And of course free entrance to the Open Belgium is also provided and we try to give every volunteer to chance to follow some of the sessions as well.

If you guys are excited and you want to be help us or have questions about the event, let me know via e-mail or call me. We will be forever in your debt for helping us.

Take Care,
Pieter-Jan

PS: Want a sneak peak of Open Belgium? We have a short introduction video ready for online distribution later this month. Password: OpenBelgium2014  https://vimeo.com/82172506

Pieter-Jan Pauwels Community Coordinator , OKFN Belgium
pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org | http://okfn.be/