[okfn-be] Free workshops and sessions tomorrow!

Pieter-Jan Pauwels pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org
Fri Mar 20 13:28:22 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

For those interested, tomorrow we are co-organising the fifth edition of Apps for Ghent, have over 80 hackers who will be using library data and other Open Data sets from Ghent to make a certain application or visualisation.

But next to the hacking, there are loads of free workshops and sessions that might interest you (but they are all in Dutch):
-Timelab, who have a maker lab in Ghent are giving free ‘useless machine’ and ‘beambots’ workshops. Normally they costs money, tomorrow they are free for 9 people per workshop.
-The ‘liga van de mensenrechten’, freely translated as the league of human rights, will organise a privacy café, which is a crypto café divided into smaller workshops. If you want to know how you can protect your data, they’re the people to reach out to.

All workshops still have room, but require registration, see link below for details.

At 15:30 there are the pitches from the hacking teams, so far we have 15 registered teams! So this will interesting.
At 17:30 we have data talks about Open Access and Datajournalism
At 18:00 we start with the reception / drinks which are also for everyone.
And at 18:30 we have the award ceremony for the participating hacker teams.

All the info on the public session can be found on: http://openbelgium.be/2015/03/apps-for-ghent-is-nuttig-voor-meer-dan-enkel-hackers/ <http://openbelgium.be/2015/03/apps-for-ghent-is-nuttig-voor-meer-dan-enkel-hackers/> (NL).

Feel free to participate and maybe I’ll see you tomorrow.

All the best,
Pieter-Jan

Pieter-Jan Pauwels
Community Coordinator, Open Knowledge Belgium
m: +32 476 66 27 77 <tel:+32 476 66 27 77> | e: pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org <mailto:pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org> | w: okfn.be <http://okfn.be/>