[okfn-be] Dataset on vehicle registrations in Belgium

Stijn Van Hoey stijnvanhoey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:48:14 UTC 2015

Dear Pieter/all,

Just as a quick test on the registration data,
https://github.com/stijnvanhoey/open_data_showcases/tree/master/vehicle_registration_example
(or viewed with nbviewer:
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/stijnvanhoey/open_data_showcases/blob/master/vehicle_registration_example/car_data.ipynb)
used as example of the usage of Python Pandas and Seaborn. Maybe this is
not really example of usage illustrating the usefulness of the data
itself, however interesting as teaching material for basic data-analysis
(Check the large amount of second hand vans or the incredible amount of
8 registered new electric cars,...).

As remark/feedback to improve:
- metadata with explanations about categories, header info... would
really be helpful. For example, the Euro Norm COdes are given in arabic
and roman numbers, dependent on the type of vehicle.
- no-value columns are currently given as empty strings ('   '), I would
be more clear about missing/null values
- CO2 Category is currently 99 or nan; is this correct?

grs,
Stijn Van Hoey