[okfn-br] Translation of "We are OKF Brazil" in Portugese?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 em gmail.com
Quinta Novembro 17 16:17:25 UTC 2011

Jonathan,

Em 17/11/2011 14:07, "Jonathan Gray" <jonathan.gray em okfn.org> escreveu:

> Wonder if someone could send us a translation of "We are OKF Brazil"
> in Portugese?

The translation is "Nós somos a OKFn Brasil". But we are, in another topic
here, discussing a name in portuguese for "Open Knowledge Foundation
Brazil", which have the options "Fundação pelo Conhecimento Livre" or
"Fundação pelo Conhecimento Aberto" - we also have to check if we can use
the word "fundação" (= "foundation"), in case legally we will be another
legal entity, like an assossiation.

> It would be great to have this instead of "We are Brazil" in English
> on the br.okfn.org website. :-)
>
> What do you think?

I like in English "we are Brazil", but in Portuguese "nós somos o Brasil"
doesn't sound well.

So, maybe, "Nós somos a OKFn Brasil" for the moment is good, in my opinion.
What do other people think?

Tom

P. S. Daniela and Augusto are subscribed to this mailing list. : )