[okfn-br] Good news: Brazil's Freedom of Information Act was approved today!

Daniela B. Silva daniela em esfera.mobi
Terça Outubro 25 22:13:05 UTC 2011

Hey guys!

Just to let you OKF friends know that our Freedom of Information Act was
approved by the brazilian Senate today :D

The law will guarantee that we have active publication and access by request
to public databases in open formats. Hurray \o/

So we are thinking of having our hackday on saturday dedicated to projects
and ideas that have some relationship to this law:

   - installing Alavateli (what was already on our plans, but know becomes
   even more important)
   - producing content that explains the law, clarifies its relation with
   open data and show more people why it's important
   - brainstorm around information requests that can be helpful to stories
   based on open data

Will let you all know of how it goes :)

Cheers,

Daniela

PS: Should we change the language of this list to portuguese? As soon as we
have more people on it, passed Frederick's presentation, I think some google
translator will be required – sorry, friends :P

2011/10/24 Everton Zanella Alvarenga <everton137 em gmail.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> a lot of cool things was discussed here at Open Government Data camp, as
you
> can read bellow.
>
> I propose a discussion in Brasília with all people interested in the
> Brazilian chapter. For me it is more convenient this Wednesday in the
> afternoon (I am arriving in Brasília this day after lunch), but I am
staying
> in Brasília until Friday afternoon. Let me know what time do you all
prefer
> to talk or just look for me, Pedro anda Daniela.
>
> I know Augusto Hermann, Tiago Rondon, Gisele Craveiro and Jorge Machado
are
> going there and have already shown interest in the issue.
>
> I am on my way to Brazil now and everything will be updated at our wiki
> page: http://wiki.okfn.org/Brazil
>
> Best,
>
> Tom

MySociety