[okfn-br] Fwd: Front end programmer for open science project

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga em okfn.org
Quarta Março 21 12:11:44 UTC 2012

Pessoal, se alguém estiver interessado em participar como
desenvolvedor nesse projeto de ciência aberta de Oxford, mande email
para o contato abaixo. Pode trabalhar remotamente, confirmei com eles.
Divulguem para desenvolvedores de front end interessados em ciência na
sua rede de contatos, por favor. :) (Abdo, a tem como mandar para a
lista do Ciências Moleculares?)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy em okfn.org>
Date: 2012/3/20
Subject: [open-science] Front end programmer for open science project
To: open-science em lists.okfn.org, open-science-dev em lists.okfn.org

Hi All

Some of  you might know of people who would be interested in
participating in the following project - please do circulate!

Jenny

A new Oxford Open Science project is seeking a web designer to create
a visually exciting, dynamic, and easy to use front-end to our online
system.

There are presently many exciting projects being pursued worldwide in
the general area of open science: tools for text mining the scientific
knowledge base, bibliographic and referencing systems, citation and
impact analysis tools, project planning systems etc. Our project is
based around creating a common platform where many of these emerging
ideas can be simultaneously presented to users (scientists primarily).

We currently have a team of six individuals including four "back end"
programmers. We are rapidly reaching the point where our system
requires a front end in order to be alpha tested.

You should be familiar with modern web standards such as HTML 5, and
be keen to experiment with new packages.

The project will seek funding from a number of sources, but in the
present phase all project members are working voluntarily. You should
have the time to commit about 5 hours per week.

If you're looking for something to bulk up your CV, or if you're just
interested in getting involved in Open Science, then join us.

Email simon.benjamin ARROBA materials.ox.ac.uk to arrange a meeting.

(Additionally, for information on Open Science, visit:
www.evolutionofscience.org)

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
Open Knowledge Foundation Brasil