[okfn-br] [thackday] Caixa Econômica Federal vai abrir pregão de R$ 112 mi para Microsoft

Vagner vagner.diniz em gmail.com
Segunda Agosto 26 13:03:10 UTC 2013

Reproduzo aqui o post do amigo Luiz Fuzaro no Facebook sobre o assunto. Chamo a atenção para o post da Microsoft e a resposta da 4Linux.

Vagner.
_________________________
Luiz Fuzaro:

Aos meus amigos da Comunidade de Software Livre. Aproveito para dar os Parabéns ao Rodolfo Gobb da 4linux pela sua resposta a matéria abaixo.

Peço que compartilhe este assunto. Não basta só curtir tem que mostrar para estes camaradas que estamos aqui e estamos de olho.

Esta frase é para os camaradas da Caixa Económica Federal - CEF que participaram da sacanagem abaixo.

"A prosperidade de alguns homens públicos do Brasil é uma prova evidente de que eles vêm lutando pelo progresso do nosso subdesenvolvimento"

Deixo claro aqui que tenho vergonha de ser patrício do Luís Fernando Patrici.

Openness Customer Spotlight: Caixa Econômica Federal Turns to Microsoft Solutions for Cost Savings and Improved Interoperability
19 Aug 2013 8:00 AM
Posted by Luís Fernando Patrici
Account Executive, Microsoft Brazil

Established in 1861, Caixa Econômica Federal is not just a bank, it’s an institution that impacts the lives of millions in Brazil. The 100% public company has a key role in promoting urban development and social initiatives across country, giving priority to sectors such as housing and public services and contributing significantly to improve the lives of citizens, especially those of low income.

Recently, Caixa was looking to significantly revitalize its IT solutions to support growth, accelerate decision making, and take advantage of the transformative benefits of cloud solutions and mobile integration. At the same time, they needed to ensure new technologies would work well with existing IT investments, including open source software.

Caixa decided to implement a robust suite of Microsoft solutions, including Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, and Office, to better support its 118,000 employees and 3,000 branches. Now Caixa is realizing a broad range of efficiency improvements – from streamlined communications to enhanced mobile productivity to significant cost savings.

In one year there have been impressive results, including the migration of 140,000 mailboxes, almost 40,000 desktops running Windows 8, and 100,000 users migrated from ISA Sever to Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) Server using Microsoft Reputation Services (MRS).

Employees and management alike are pleased with the improved functionality and business agility. “I believe this will revolutionize the way we work at Caixa,” said Marcelo Xavier, IT Consultant at Caixa.

Caixa’s new Microsoft solutions integrated well with their existing IT, including some legacy and open source solutions, such as OpenLDAP, Expresso Email, Apache web server and PostGreSQL.

Caixa is representative of a broader trend of previously open source customers embracing Microsoft technologies, or a mix of Microsoft and open source solutions. We’re fortunate to regain their business, as organizations have seen Microsoft investing heavily in work with open source vendors and communities, in supporting standard document formats like ODF, in building rich integration with Linux on the desktop and the server, and in mainstreaming the new stack of web standards like HTML5. They like that we have made a commitment to ensure our technology works well with others, combined with the overall platform value we deliver.

Watch the below video [in Portuguese with English subtitles] to learn about how Caixa’s solution is delivering cost savings, improved collaboration, and increased productivity across the organization.

Resposta do Rodolfo 4Linux.

Hello Luis Fernando,

My name is Rodolfo Gobbi and I am the CEO of 4Linux (www.4linux.com.br). 4Linux was the company that supported Caixa with the implementation of Linux in ATM and lottery machines for 5 years. Caixa has been without support in this environment since October 2011 and currently 4Linux supports Caixa in the ExpressoMail (an Open Source email solution).

Regarding the above news, I have both a 'request' and a 'congratulations':

1 – It would be much more transparent and would give much more credibility if in the body of the news you explain the 'cost savings' mentioned in the title. To do justice to the words 'open dialogue' in the slogan of 'openness' could you show us data that gives support for the cost reduction affirmations in this project.

As there are people who do not agree with your point of view of reducing costs, and believe that Caixa did not make a good deal on this purchase and made a complaint to the Federal Prosecutors in Brasilia ( protocolo PR-DF-00021539/2012 - Peça de Informação nº 1.16.000.001871 /2012-77 ) and also to the Federal Prosecutors in Rio de Janeiro (Public Complaint No. 1.30.001.004072/2012-73 and registered under No. 2012.06.21.152413) I believe that if you show concrete data on this cost reduction you might clarify doubts that people have regarding this subject.

2 - I would like to congratulate you for being able to record and post a testimonial video with this case ( even in PILOT stage) and use the excellent reputation of Caixa to generate new business for Microsoft. 4Linux implemented Linux in more than 80,000 financial terminals serving the citizens and customers of Caixa. 4Linux repeatedly tried to generate a testimonial video like the one you have generated and many times heard the phrase 'it is not the role of a public company to give testimony to leverage business of private company'. Linux in ATM and in the TFL is already in FULL production for YEARS and your project is still in PILOT (as affirmed in testimony on video but unlike what you wrote in your article), facing the typical problems in projects of this size, but you have already got the authorization to disclose testimonials! The same explanation of "it is not the role of a public company to leverage business of a private company" was used regarding donations. 4Linux tried unsuccessfully to donate Linux courses to Caixa employees in order to train people how to use Linux and make it more useful inside Caixa and was forbidden. Microsoft can donate through this contract (among other free benefits) more than 15,000 licenses so Caixa employees can make use of the Office package at home, something that Caixa customers and other people in Brazil can not do.

Comentário: Samuel Santiago.

I wonder, IF your statements are true about courses and testimony.. and the CEF do that for microsoft a foreign company and deny this for a brazilian company.... maybe some CEO or Political recived a free travel or a new car....

Pliss show prove about CEF deny your solicitation about free course and we will make some noise about it.