[okfn-br] Brainstorming globally

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga em okfn.org
Quinta Março 14 11:55:51 UTC 2013

with the motto a Canadian friend told me, "Think globally, act
locally" and since don't have the ideas incubator active anymore, I
would like to suggest each local group blog of OKFN to have a category
called "Brainstorming" (it can be in your own language, and I did for
OKFN Brasil "Toró de ideia"). Then we build a RSS feed for all these
new ideas local groups are discussing - I would love to follow it. I
do think to share widely ideas on its initial stages can foster
collaboration and discussion.

Let me know if you disagree or share your link. That is one way I
thought to substitute ideas.okfn.org and have a space for discussing
locally and globally.

Abraços,

Tom

P. S. The first idea on OKFN is a project were we began to map the
time pedestrian lights take to close.

http://br.okfn.org/2013/03/12/mapeando-o-tempo-dos-semaforos-para-os-pedestres-e-dia-a-dia-de-pedestres-e-ciclistas/

I measured 6 yesterday, with the range from 3 to 5 seconds
<http://goo.gl/7pHW1> - I'll use our request to information project to
ask this data as well. I hope to make videos with friends crossing the
crosswalks to show how absurd this is. Together with this project, we
created a tumblr to report the absurd of driver against pedestrians
and cyclists.

http://pedestreseciclistas.tumblr.com/

To you have an idea, one cyclist had oen of its arm removed by a drunk
driver in one of the main avenues of the country.

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre