[okfn-br] Fwd: [BOAI] Content for Open Science - Open the shell and show us your pearls!

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Sexta Abril 11 12:10:41 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Birgit Schmidt" <bschmidt em sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Apr 11, 2014 6:39 AM
Subject: [BOAI] Content for Open Science - Open the shell and show us your
pearls!
To: <sparc-oaforum em arl.org>, <goal em eprints.org>, "BOAI Forum post" <
boai-forum em ecs.soton.ac.uk>

 ** Apologies for cross-posting **

*Content for Open Science - Open the shell and show us your pearls!*

Following a very fruitful response to our Call for Training events (we are
now evaluating 45 proposals from 19 countries, and we will notify selected
applicants before April 30th), FOSTER is calling for training content.

Have you, or your organization, created or repackaged/reused quality
content (from briefing papers, to presentations, videos, etc) on open
access, open data and open science in any language, which can be useful and
used in the FOSTER training context?  We are now calling for the
community's contributions to the identification and mapping of relevant
content which can be used for FOSTER training, to equip researchers,
project managers, administrators and future trainers with knowledge of the
benefits of Open Science and compliance with the Horizon 2020 Mandate
(Article 29.2 of the model Grant Agreement).

With your help, we want to showcase engaging and instructive training
materials and reach out to diverse disciplinary communities and countries
in the European Research Area.

We are looking for content that may vary widely both in terms of theme
(from general open access advocacy, to discipline specific
promotion/training for open science) and format (from individual texts,
slides or videos to full packaged training objects or courses).

So, if you have produced, used, or are simply aware of, quality content on
open access, open data and open science, and want to give that content a
wider audience in collaboration with the FOSTER training programme, please
describe it using the form available at: http://goo.gl/meV0EK

This call for content will remain open during the project's lifetime, but
we are aiming to have an initial relevant sample of content by early May,
so we would be very grateful if you could submit your content by April 30th.

*About FOSTER*

FOSTER (Facilitate Open Science Training for European Research
http://www.fosteropenscience.eu/), an FP7-funded project, aims to support
different stakeholders, especially young researchers, in practicing open
access, open data sharing and open science.

*Contact person*

If you have any questions or need clarifications, please contact Ivo
Grigorov, ivgr[@]aqua.dtu.dk

Dr. Birgit Schmidt
Scientific Manager

Goettingen State and University Library
- Electronic Publishing -
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1
D-37073 Goettingen

Tel. +49 551 39-33181
Fax  +49 551 39-5222bschmidt em sub.uni-goettingen.de

COAR www.coar-repositories.org
OpenAIRE www.openaire.eu
OAPEN www.oapen.org
Open Access www.open-access.net