[Okfn-ca] Fwd: [Sunlight International] OpenGov Conversations

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:31:39 UTC 2013

via  [open-government]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Zander Furnas* <zfurnas at sunlightfoundation.com
<mailto:zfurnas at sunlightfoundation.com>>
Date: Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Subject: [Sunlight International] Announcing a new Sunlight Feature:
OpenGov Conversations
To: sunlight-international at googlegroups.com
<mailto:sunlight-international at googlegroups.com>

This year at Sunlight has seen a lot of expansion towards research and
father into international work. Thinking and learning about this stuff
has involved talking to a ton of people around the world doing really
interesting work. These conversations have made it clear that a lot of
us in this space end up wrestling with the same questions about theories
of change, context dependent outcomes and citizen engagement (to name a
few topics).Â

So we decided to create a space to share thoughts about these things. We
are calling this feature "OpenGov Conversations" and the first set is
here now:Â
http://sunlightfoundation.com/conversations/effective-transparency/

We propose a question or prompt to four researchers or practitioners
with relevant experience, and let them share their frameworks and
insights. For our inaugural conversation we have Tim Davies, Greg
Michener, Alice Powell and myself responding to the prompt:Â

    What are the three most important conditions that make transparency
    policies effective? Must these conditions precede effective
    transparency interventions, or can transparency policies actually
    positively bring about these conditions?

We hope you enjoy. If you would like to participate in an upcoming
conversation, please feel free to email me or Lee Drutman
(ldrutman at sunlightfoundation.com
<mailto:ldrutman at sunlightfoundation.com>) and tell us a general theme
you are interested in writing about.
--
Alexander Furnas
Research Fellow |Â Sunlight Foundation <http://sunlightfoundation.com>

To post to this group, send email to
sunlight-international at googlegroups.com
<mailto:sunlight-international at googlegroups.com>.
Júlia Keserű
International Program Coordinator

1818 N Street NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036Â
(1) 202-742-1520 *280

--- Liaison par | Curation by ---
Dre Diane Mercier
Ambassadrice de l'Open Knowledge Foundation - Groupe local au Canada
ca.okfn.org | @okfnca | Skype : dianemercier | LinkedIn : dianemercier
Blogue : dianemercier.com
Portail : donnees.ville.montreal.qc.ca