[Okfn-ca] Compte-rendu de la première réunion du groupe local, 9 juillet 2013 | OKFN Canada - Groupe local de l'Open Knowledge Foundation – Local Group : promouvoir le savoir libre

Ted Strauss ted at trudat.co
Fri Jul 12 16:07:57 UTC 2013

I wanted to respond to Michael's point about *email push.*
The Discourse forum sends out emails to users in the following ways:
 - For any topic that you've previously commented on or bookmarked, you'll
get an email anytime someone comments on it. Unlike a listserv where topics
usaully live for a few days, a topic on Discourse is revived anytime
there's new activity on it.
 - Discourse sends out a digest email weekly or daily (or never)
summarizing actvitiy of that period.

So if you want to have email pushed to you, Discourse does that.
Ted

Ted Strauss
Co-founder of Trudat.co <http://trudat.co/>

I'm organizing Open Data Exchange <http://odx13.com/> in Montreal, April 6,