[Okfn-ca] Fwd: [CivicAccess-discuss] G8 Science Ministers endorse open access

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 00:43:46 UTC 2013

Curation par Diane Mercier

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[CivicAccess-discuss] G8 Science Ministers endorse open access
Date : 	Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:25:22 -0700
De : 	Heather Morrison <hgmorris at sfu.ca>
Répondre à : 	civicaccess discuss <civicaccess-discuss at civicaccess.ca>
Pour : 	civicaccess discuss <civicaccess-discuss at civicaccess.ca>, SPARC
Open Access Forum <SPARC-OAForum at arl.org>, "Global Open Access List
(Successor of AmSci)" <goal at eprints.org>

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g8-science-ministers-statement

excerpts:

3.	Open Scientific Research Data

Open enquiry is at the heart of scientific endeavour, and rapid technological change has profound implications for the way that science is both conducted and its results communicated. It can provide society with the necessary information to solve global challenges. We are committed to openness in scientific research data to speed up the progress of scientific discovery, create innovation, ensure that the results of scientific research are as widely available as practical, enable transparency in science and engage the public in the scientific process.

…

4.	Expanding Access to Scientific Research Results

We recognise that effective global scientific research and public understanding of science and commercial innovation by enterprises is supported by free and rapid public access to published, publicly funded research. The generation, sharing and exploitation of scientific knowledge are integral to the creation of wealth and the enhancement of our quality of life. We recognise that G8 nations have an important opportunity and responsibility to promote policies that increase access to the results of publicly funded research results to spur scientific discovery, enable better international collaboration and coordination of research, enhance the engagement of society and help support economic prosperity.

thanks to Peter Suber

Dre Diane Mercier
Ph.D. Sciences de l'information

Ambassadrice de l'Open Knowledge Foundation - Groupe local au Canada
Blogue : http://ca.okfn.org
Twitter : @okfnca
Profil : http://okfn.org/members/dianemercier

Chargée de projet sur les données ouvertes de la Ville de Montréal
Blogue : http://dianemercier.com
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/dianemercier
Skype : dianemercier
Zotero : http://www.zotero.org/dmercier

« J'utilise une suite bureautique libre pour gérer les documents en
formats ouverts (ODF) »
« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre »