[Okfn-ca] Open Data Census - Call to Action | Recensement de données ouvertes - Appel à contribution

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Fri May 31 21:02:13 UTC 2013

Greetings all;

I just filled out the survey for the Company Register, Statistical and for
Public Transport for Canada.  The survey is a bit difficult to fill out for
countries that are federations as data are available at multiple
jurisdictions necessitating a close reading of the notes and comments.  I
added many qualifiers in the notes which are not available for viewing.

I would have liked to been able to review or add comments to the
Environmental Pollutants entry and to add a another URL to qualify what was
submitted.  Also, for the Elections data, there are election results for
provinces and territories as well as municipalities and school boards.  I
was unable to access the notes to qualify this.

As for public transit data, these exist for only some jurisdictions but the
survey questions provided did not allow for that nuanced perspective, I did
however provide notes which do not appear.  This is a major limitation as
the top answer is only part of the response.  Any chance of making the
notes available?

I think this is a very interesting initiative, but would have liked to have
been able to nuance or qualify or add to submitted responses, would like to
see the notes.

I think we need to be cautious with the current Canadian responses as they
are incomplete (http://census.okfn.org/country/).

Does anyone want to give a go at the *Government Budget response*?  It is
the only one left.

Sincerely
Tracey

2013/5/30 Diane Mercier <diane.mercier at gmail.com>

> -------- Message original --------  Sujet: [Okfn-ca] Recensement de
> données ouvertes - Appel à contribution | Open Data Census - Call to Action  Date :
> Thu, 30 May 2013 22:00:50 -0400  De : Diane Mercier
> <diane.mercier at gmail.com> <diane.mercier at gmail.com>  Répondre à :
> diane.mercier at gmail.com  Pour : okfn-ca at lists.okfn.org
>
> [En français plus loin]
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> OKFN want to improve the coverage of the Open Data Census
> (http://census.okfn.org/) and verify existing contributions to ensure
> information is still up to date and reliable.
>
> Until June 12th, we need your help in doing this! There are 2 aspects:
>
> 1)     Contributing on countries (national) where there is missing information -
> you can do this right now, just visit http://census.okfn.org/country
>
> For Canada, the missing information concerning the data at the federal
> level is:
>
> Government Budget | Company Register | National Statistics | Public
> Transport | Environmental pollutants
>
> 2)     Reviewing existing contributions - If corrections are necessary,
> please send them to me via email or contact the author.
>
> Thank you in advance for your contribution
>
> Regards,
>
> - -
>
> Bonjour à vous tous,
>
> L'OKFN veut améliorer la portée du «Recensement des données ouvertes»
> (http://census.okfn.org/) et vérifier les contributions existantes afin
> de s'assurer que l'information est toujours à jour et fiable.
>
> Jusqu'au 12 Juin, nous avons besoin de votre aide pour compléter les
> informations sur 5 catégories de données au niveau fédéral canadien.
> Cela comporte deux aspects :
>
> 1) Ajouter à partir du chiffrier en ligne, http://census.okfn.org/country, les informations directement à l'aide du
> formulaire prévu à cet effet. Pour le Canada, les informations
> manquantes concernent catégories de données suivantes (en anglais) :
> Government Budget | Company Register | National Statistics | Public
> Transport | Environmental pollutants
>
> 2) Examiner les contributions existantes. Si des corrections sont
> nécessaires, SVP transmettez-les moi par courriel ou communiquer avec
> l'auteur de la fiche.
>
> Nous vous remercions à l'avance de votre contribution.
>
> Cordialement,
>
> - - -
>

> Dre Diane Mercier
> Ph.D. Sciences de l'information
>
> Ambassadrice de l'Open Knowledge Foundation - Groupe local au Canadahttp://ca.okfn.org
> Twitter : @okfnca
> Profil : http://okfn.org/members/dianemercier
>
> Chargée de projet sur les données ouvertes de la Ville de Montréal
> Blogue : http://dianemercier.com
> LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/dianemercier
> Google+ : diane.mercier at gmail.com
> Skype : dianemercier
> Zotero : http://www.zotero.org/dmercier
>
> « J'utilise une suite bureautique libre pour gérer les documents en
> [...]

Tracey P. Lauriault
Post Doctoral Fellow
Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre
https://gcrc.carleton.ca/confluence/display/GCRCWEB/Lauriault
http://datalibre.ca/
613-234-2805