[Okfn-ca] Reinstatement of the Long-Form Census ? Bill C-626

Diane Mercier, Ph.D. diane_mercier at consultus.qc.ca
Fri Nov 7 18:16:47 UTC 2014

Voir le dernier blogue de Tracey Lauriault: Datalibre.ca -

Reinstatement of the Long-Form Census ? Bill C-626

http://datalibre.ca/2014/11/06/reinstatement-of-the-long-form-census-bill-c-626/

====================================
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:42:35 +0000
From: "Tracey P. Lauriault" <tlauriau at gmail.com>
To: civicaccess discuss <CivicAccess-discuss at civicaccess.ca>, CAGLIST
<caglist at lists.uvic.ca>,  Canadian Association of Public Data Users
<CAPDU at yorku.ca>, CCA List <CCA-list at geog.ubc.ca>,  "CARTA-L :
Canadian Map & GIS Libraries and Archives"
<CARTA-L at listserv.utoronto.ca>
Subject: [CivicAccess-discuss] New blog post: Datalibre.ca -
	Reinstatement of the Long-Form Census ? Bill C-626

Being across the Atlantic does not mean that I have stopped caring
about
things Canadian.  It is hard to keep up on all things in both places
though.  Bill C-626 that will be discussed tomorrow, and it is an
important
one. I have written up a post on datalibre.ca with some new
resources on
the issue.

http://datalibre.ca/2014/11/06/reinstatement-of-the-long-form-census-bill-c-626/

If you decide to do anything related to this, or have knowledge to
share,
or wish to guest blog on this topic, by all means let me know or
send the
resources along and I will post them.  Any new academic papers? Any
failed
research projects?

I am really happy that MP Ted Hsu is doing this.  I try to be
non-partisan
here, and I remain so, but I think this Bill is worth supporting.

I hope some of the open data folks can create their own posts on this
issue, and it would be even better if people could share either here
on the
list or on in their own blogs real stories about how the Household
Survey
fell short.  The more real stories the better!

Thinking of you all from here!

Cheers
Tracey
-- Tracey P. Lauriault
http://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/progcity/contributors/tracey-p-lauriault/
https://gcrc.carleton.ca/confluence/display/GCRCWEB/Lauriault
http://datalibre.ca/ @TraceyLauriaut *Skype:* Tracey.P.Lauriault

--- Médiation par | Curation by ---
Diane Mercier, Docteure en sciences de l'information
Chercheure associée au LICEF de la Télé-Université

@carnetsDM | dianemercier.com
@okfnca | ca.okfn.org
www.licef.ca

Webographie du libre :
https://www.zotero.org/dmercier/items/order/dateModified/sort/desc
« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre ni formats ouverts »