[Okfn-ca] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] A map of the global civic tech community on GitHub - groups connected via Poplus.org network

Diane Mercier, Ph.D. diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:31:15 UTC 2015

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : [okfn-discuss] A map of the global civic tech community on
GitHub - groups connected via Poplus.org network
Date : Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:55:09 -0600
De : Steven Clift <clift at e-democracy.org>
Répondre à : Open Knowledge Foundation discussion list
<okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
Pour : newswire <newswire at groups.dowire.org>, OGP Civil Society group
<ogp at dgroups.org>, Open Knowledge Foundation discussion list
<okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
Copie à : Stefan Baack <s.baack at gmail.com>

Check out this "map" of organizations and their open gov/civic tech
code on GitHub:

http://sbaack.com/2015/11/19/scraping-the-global-civic-tech-community-on-github-part-2.html

This is what was recruited first via the Poplus.org unconference in
Chile in May 2014 and then the big 3 month push I led to build
membership on the Poplus Google Group: http://bit.ly/poplusgroup

Imagine what we could do with this network if further networking and
connecting gained sustained support? Funding the silos is great, but I
think this map show an opportunity to dramatically boost code sharing,
knowledge exchange and more. Steve