[Okfn-ca] Call for proposals - Our communities, the Society, our Future ! CLIC Montreal, Canada November 18-20 2015

DG CBPQ dg at cbpq.qc.ca
Tue Mar 31 20:25:56 UTC 2015

-----

Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec
[Conference of the Library and Information Community of Quebec 2013]

    *New invitation*
    Submission Dateline: *April 19^th , 2015*

    *Express yourself!
    Our Communities, the Society, our Future! *

*/Trends, values and services/*

*Conference of the Library Information Community of Quebec (CLIC)*
invites you to *EXPRESS YOURSELF* at our *7**^th **annual conference *at
the */Palais des congrès de Montréal/* from *18-20 November 2015.*

The programming committee suggests three themes for you to consider:

  * *Universal access to information and to education:*

What are the factors (sexual orientation, gender, religion, age,
socioeconomic factors, living environment, etc.) that limit access and
opportunity? What solutions do you have that can help us contribute to a
more open, equal and just society?
In addition, some would challenge our role as information professionals
due to the seeming ease of access provided by technology. How do we
position ourselves in today's information environment? How can we be
proactive?

 1. Open and linked data
 2. Open access to scholarly communications
 3. MOOC’S or other learning models

  * *Freedom of expression:*

An unavoidable subject at the beginning of this year, what is our
professional role in helping society to facing this challenge? How and
why do we need to assume this responsibility?

 1. Preventing and challenging calls for censorship
 2. Acting responsibly when faced with conflicting loyalties (employer,
    professional, personal)
 3. Positioning ourselves at the crossroads of different cultures and ideas

  * *The information professional as activist – citizen engagement:*

Vigilance, citizen interest, our communities, our society ... What are
the tools we have as professionals that we can bring to bear on the
challenges we face? What is our contribution to our society? How can we
effectively support both our organizations and our peers?

 1. Challenges and opportunities for librarians in this time of
    austerity and organizational change
 2. Political influence of information professionals (skills,
    strategies, positioning, etc.)
 3. Innovative services to reach and support our communities (mobile
    libraries, micro libraries, etc.)

In addition, proposals on more general topics such as service delivery,
digitization, management, research practices, etc that supplement and/or
support these three themes will equally be considered by the programming
committee.

*Calling everyone!*
Archivists, information professionals, document technicians, IT
professionals, journalists, librarians, museum curators, business
professionals, professors, etc. You are invited to share your ideas,
experiences and expertise that promote and support the development of
professionals in the library and information community.

*New evaluation model*
All proposals will undergo an anonymous peer review by the members of
the program committee. This process ensures that submissions are
evaluated solely on the quality of the proposal and the ideas put forward.

    *Presentation formats*

Conference proposals may be submitted and presented in both French and
English. There should be no more than two speakers for each presentation.

*Theatre style room arrangement*

  * Short presentation (Pecha Kucha, lightning talks, etc)
  * 20 minute or 40 minute presentation (excluding the question period)
  * Panel discussion: 1 animator (time: 90 minutes, including the
    question period)

*Round table style room arrangement*

  * Group case study: Discussion of a subject or case study in smaller
    groups, followed by a larger group discussion – 90 minute time
    allocation
  * World café: Each table has an assigned subject and
    subject-facilitator. Participants are invited to share their
    experiences and /savoir-faire/ on the given subject. After 10-20
    minutes (contingent on the number of participants), participants
    move to successive tables and the last 15 minutes serve as a general
    group discussion and exchange of ideas – 90 minute duration)

Please have a look at the Call for *proposals*
<http://milieuxdoc.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ae5c604e01078c26e675f18fb&id=33e3aead6e&e=7fbbdaef14>

Submission Dateline: *April 19^th , 2015*

[associations]

Congrès des milieux documentaires du Québec Secrétariat - ASTED
2065 Rue Parthenais (Bur. 387), Montreal, QC, Canada, H2K 3T1
Tél.: 514.404.5012 | info at milieuxdoc.ca <mailto:info at milieuxdoc.ca>

Si vous ne voyez pas les images cliquez ici
<http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=ae5c604e01078c26e675f18fb&id=b641ad7554&e=7fbbdaef14>

Ce courriel vous a été envoyé parce que vous faîtes parti de la liste
d’envoi du Congrès des Milieux Documentaires. Pour vous désabonner de la
liste, cliquez ici
<http://milieuxdoc.us6.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=ae5c604e01078c26e675f18fb&id=ee42e06b2c&e=7fbbdaef14&c=b641ad7554>

© CMD 2015 - tous droits réservés