[okfn-cz] Europeana otevrela sve datasety pro free re-use (verejne oznameni)

Aleš Pekárek pekarek.ales at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 02:44:53 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Today we are publicly announcing that Europeana
http://www.europeana.eu/portal/

has opened up its dataset of over 20 million cultural objects for free
re-use. This significant innovation has come about thanks to the vision
shown by all of you, the cultural heritage organisations that make up
Europeana

This release, by far the largest one-time dedication of cultural data to
the public domain using CC0, represents a real step change for cultural
organisations in open data access and it offers a new boost to the digital
economy as open data can fuel enterprise and create opportunities for those
in the creative industries.

Today’s press release: http://e2.ma/message/btwec/365c1c

Next week we will be further highlighting the news at the Open Knowledge
Festival in Helsinki.

We would be very grateful if you could help spread the news of
what, together, we have achieved with this step. Please communicate this
release widely, to bring it to the attention of policymakers, politicians
and the digital community. And we would appreciate seeing this success
highlighted on your own websites.

Best regards,

The Europeana Team