[okfn-discuss] Another reason to go for a modules approach

Prodromos Tsiavos p.tsiavos at lse.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 08:59:07 UTC 2005

This is because it allows to easily deconstruct other licences
(existing) into modules and classify them so that the user knows what
she is dealing with instead of just clicking though a online licence
that is totally nonsensical!!

This is a suggestion I have made to JISC for all the licences of higher
academic institutions in the UK so that their employees and students
know what they are dealing. This would be an important step in the
transparency of legal relationships and we should actively work for such
a cause. Knowledge is the mother of emancipation

Sorry, but was writing something else and the idea just popped in my
head and though good to share it ;-)

Best,
pRo