[okfn-discuss] Fw: [uo] FW: OPEN ACCESS: Open Letter from Fellows of the Royal Society regarding the Society's position statement on open access

Julian Priest julian at informal.org.uk
Fri Jan 6 16:38:29 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Just to share a personal experience along these lines and hoping this
query is not off topic for the list..

I was recenlty asked if I would like to include an essay I wrote that
is released under a creative commons in an accademic journal published
by a commercial publisher. The require that the copyright is assigned
to them of at least the version that they publish.

I however wish to release the document under a creative commons
license so I am about to begin a negotiation about whether they will
publish it with this license.

The danger is that the creative commons licensing rather than making
re-publication easier, might exclude the text from the journal!

Has anyone had a similar experience with CC content in accademic
journals?

chrs

~/julian