[okfn-discuss] Calendar

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Fri Jan 27 00:53:34 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

I've been looking at upcoming properly for the first time today, maybe you
should check it out again? It has:
- tags with RSS feeds
- metadata for venue & group, both with RSS feeds
- an API that Drupal almost supports

Even the RSS feeds would be great, so we could have an 'upcoming FC-UK events'
bit on the (soon to be revamped) FC-UK site. Handy :)

Since it seems, to somebody out of touch with all this web2.0 whizzyness, more
popular than the others you mention I would have thought it would be more
likely to be well maintained, and for other CMSs to have decent support for
the API?

Anyway, if somebody has really strong feelings for a particular solution I'm
happy to be swayed. But a 15 minute play and a readup on Drupal support makes
me think that upcoming would be a good option. If we could secure some
funding to get the Drupal upcoming module fixed up (Rufus? any ideas) I'd be
sold.

Then I could start entering events myself in the naive hope that others will
follow ;-)

Kind regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,
please e-mail me at: telex4 at yahoo.com