[Fwd: Re: [okfn-discuss] open knowledge event this autumn: proposal]

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 11 17:47:13 UTC 2006

Francis Irving wrote:
> And some more requests:
>
> - Can it be somewhere with a bar
> - Not take itself too seriously
> - Have nice weather :)

I'm +1 on all of these. Regarding location I'm already in contact with
someone from LSE to see if it would be possible to do something there.
We've also been discussing Limehouse as a possiblity which is another
great venue. Both places have bars nearby though not necessarily
integrated into the building. Any more suggestions for possible location
(and requirements) welcome.

> More radically, maybe you could ban wifi and laptops as well,
> encourage people to talk more.

That might be a step too far :) Perhaps we could try 'discouraging'
laptops at particular sessions (a controlled experiment of sorts)

> Also, for the mySociety stream I'd like to get a couple of people who
> use our stuff. For example, invite Richard Pope (who does work with
> Love Music Hate Racism using our tools, and with his
> www.pledgebank.com/protest pledge)

That sounds a great idea.

Regards,

Rufs