[Fwd: Re: [okfn-discuss] open knowledge event this autumn: proposal]

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Fri Jul 14 08:41:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 06:47:13PM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> That might be a step too far :) Perhaps we could try 'discouraging'
> laptops at particular sessions (a controlled experiment of sorts)
>
> >Also, for the mySociety stream I'd like to get a couple of people who
> >use our stuff. For example, invite Richard Pope (who does work with
> >Love Music Hate Racism using our tools, and with his
> >www.pledgebank.com/protest pledge)
>
> That sounds a great idea.

I've talked to Richard, and he has some quite fun open data related
campaigns things he's been up to (screen scarping planning data), as
well as the above. Let me know when you have a firm date, and you can
invite him to speak.

Also Lucy Hooberman who set up the Global Mentoring pledge
would be good.  http://www.pledgebank.com/GlobalMentoring

Francis