[okfn-discuss] Re: open knowledge event

Saul Albert saul at theps.net
Thu Sep 21 14:09:13 UTC 2006

hi Rufus,

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 10:50:42AM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> OK. My feeling is that for the full one day open knowledge event it
> would now be better to wait until next spring (when the days are longer,
> the trees are in bud etc etc). Is it feasible to book an event at
> Limehouse for next March/April? If so I think that is what we should do.

That sounds fine. Let's chalk up some dates. Now we have a calendar, it
should be possible to do that.

> Then instead of the big event this autumn we should do another open
> knowledge forum evening on civic information. Since this is smaller and
> only ~2 hrs long I think it will be feasible to get some
> central-londonish space for this.

Sounds good.

> >What can we pay? I can put in 50 quid myself, and reckon that if we can
> >gather 200 squids between us, that will probably be ok.
>
> I would really like to give as much as possible to limehouse since it is
> such fantastic place. If we were to have a small charge say of 5 or 10
> pounds (we which we could make optional for those who found it
> objectionable) then we would be able to pay a full five hundred for the
> day. Even if we don't charge for the event I think as you say that we
> can probably find at least 250 (if not a little more say 300-400) so
> whatever happens I think we will be able to fund it.

That sounds wonderful - of course Limehouse can use all the support it
can get right now.. Hopefully by the Spring it will have been
reconfigured usefully and things will be easier to manage there.

So - give me some dates and we'll pencil them into the calendar for
Limehouse.

Cheers,

Saul.

--