[okfn-discuss] Open Library project and versioning structured data

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Wed Aug 1 03:49:49 UTC 2007

<quote who="Rufus Pollock" date="Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 09:39:06AM +0100">
> What's interesting is that, just like us, they want to be able to
> version data in a 'wiki' like manner (they also want all their data to
> be open). To this end, it appears they have been modding Schwartz's
> infogami wiki software to support structured data. Since we've already
> been working on this in developing versioned domain model (and ckan.net)
> I wrote to them to see what possibilities for collaboration their might
> be (see below). I'll keep people posted on how this develops.

Please keep the list informed of this conversation. I would love for
the infogami code being used for the open library to turn into
something more generalizable. Often this merely requires that a second
group wants to use it -- collaboration will sort of imply some sort
degree of generalization in the code and libraries.

I'm no sure if the OL folks are ready for this but I'd like to see this
took so please keep us informed.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS