[okfn-discuss] Introducing myself

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Aug 20 20:48:48 UTC 2007

Hi all,

already reading the list for a couple of weeks I now would like to use
the chance to introduce myself:
I'm leading the research group Agile Knowledge Engineering and Semantic
Web (AKSW, http://aksw.org) at Universität Leipzig and collaborate with
the database research group at University of Pennsylvania. My research
interests are semantic technologies, collaboration on the Web and
knowledge representation in particular with respect to Open Knowledge
environments.
I'm founder of the open-source, adaptive knowledge engineering framework
OntoWiki [1], founding member of the DBpedia project (http://dbpedia.org
btw a very large source of open-knowledge) and chair of the first Social
Semantic Web conference [2]. More information can also be found on my
homepage at [3].
I like OKFs aim of promoting open-knowledge and will be happy to
contribute to the work of the foundation with expertise about the
Semantic Web - which from my point of view can be the (or a) base
infrastructure for creating, representing and exchanging open-knowledge.

--Sören

[1] http://ontowiki.net
[2] http://aksw.org/cssw
[3] http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer/