[okfn-discuss] OK2 date/venue

Saul Albert saul at theps.net
Tue Aug 21 12:34:29 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Thanks for the OK2 recap Jonathan,

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 05:43:07PM +0100, Jonathan wrote:
> > 15th March: SXSW potential conflict
> > 29th March: People may go on holiday Easter week
> > 5th April: ?

Well '?' is the best so far, so why don't we go for the 5th April
provisionally?

> Options for the venue so far are:
>
>   * LSE: Possibly quite high rates. Rufus is looking into this.
>   * Imperial Union Building: I'll look into this.
>   * BCS: Michael mentioned this.

I'll look into the University of Westminster premises. The ICA might
also be good - I'll find out if we could slip it in under the auspices
of their education programme.

I could also enquire about Westbourne Studios where I've been working.
It's quite cheap (500 quid or thereabouts for the day) - but not very
central. It's pretty well equipped though.

http://www.westbournestudios.com/

I think it might actually be a pretty good location.

> I'll also look into a few disused industrial/institutional spaces that I
> know of, but not sure how fitting this would be.

I think this would be ideal. I guess there's always State 51 - but that
might be pushing the boat out in terms of punk aesthetics. Still, I
prefer this option and will look into similar. There's a couple of
options in East / Central London I could look into. I'll report back
soon.

Cheers,

Saul.

--