[okfn-discuss] CKAN questions

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Tue Dec 18 16:40:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 03:25:51PM +0000, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Yes. That's exactly what I do. In fact I'm using a specific tag for this:
>
> license-not-specified
>
> <http://www.ckan.net/tag/read/license-not-specified>

OK, I've added this and so tagged it.

http://www.ckan.net/package/read/who-global-price-reporting-mechanism

> You can also see there are a bunch of other license related tags:
>
> http://www.ckan.net/tag/search?search_terms=license

What is the difference between license-unknown and
license-not-specified?

And a feature request - in the form when you submit a new package /
edit a package, in the tags section, it could list and define these
standard tags which you are trying to use.

Also by the licensing section of the form, explicitly say that data
that isn't open is OK, just mark it as not OKD. As it stumped me :)

Francis