[okfn-discuss] Re: Annotation systems

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 5 11:23:49 UTC 2007

Tom Chance wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Just a quick note to say that the FCF are interested in using an
> annotation system for our library, to enable people to comment on the
> texts once we commission them.

Sounds interesting. I don't know whether you saw the 'Thinking about
Annotation' post[1] but it would be useful to know exactly what
functionality you were looking for (for example do you want something
more than straight 'blog comments).

[1]:http://blog.okfn.org/2007/01/24/thinking-about-annotation/

> If you're looking at improving an existing system, it would be good
> to work together to get programmers or funds.

That would be great Tom. We're definitely looking to build on existing
work and have already started on adapting marginilia to work with open
shakespeare. I also know there are several other people on the
okfn-discuss list who are working on similar stuff, for example in
relation to drupal (and for that reason I'm cc'ing okfn-discuss on this
mail).