[okfn-discuss] Re: Paula Ledieu for the open media panel

Saul Albert saul at theps.net
Sat Jan 6 17:17:07 UTC 2007

hi Adnan, Rufus,

I'm really sorry I've been off the radar since < NY, but I've had a Big
Pile of work to get through and haven't been very efficient about it!

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:35:09PM +0000, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> >- http://creativearchive.org (paula le dieu) - confirmed
>
> I note that Paula is no longer with the BBC but at Magic Lantern and is
> therefore no longer directly involved with the Creative Archive.
>
> >- http://www.transmission.cc/node/81 (zoe) - awaiting confirmation
> >- http://www.idfa.nl/educ_en_content.asp?pageid=570 (fleur knopperts) -
> >awaiting confirmation

Excellent! I know Zoe and Paula and they're both ace.

> Sounds great. One thing to mention to speakers is that is good, where
> possible, to incorporate into the presentation a good amount of
> information on 'concrete' stuff be it a running website, piece of
> software or a project. So, for example, if you are talking about a
> metadata standard it would be nice to show a little demo of how this
> work and what it would enable.
>
> >other speakers who might be interesting for the open space sessions are:
> >- http://www.kendra.org.uk (daniel haris)
> >- http://www.espians.com (tav)
> >- http://www.copycan.org (joerg bach)

Joerg is confirmed, Tav is too busy, I don't know daniel, but I have
another speaker - not yet confirmed - An Mertens, an author from
Brussels who has been commissioned by Constant (http://constantvzw.com)
- sci-fi/feminist/free software collective - to do a database of
narrative literary fragments - like a kind of open writer's jotter. I
like the idea a lot and she's an amazing person.. I'm going to try
get her along. __t from c-base.org (berlin) is coming too - and might
do an open space session.

Anyway - looking forward to it! I think we've got lots of nice people
already aware of the Open Media sesh.

Lots of love,

Saul.

--