[okfn-discuss] Open Knowledge 2 timing

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jul 18 11:15:43 UTC 2007

dear all,

In meeting scrollback I see discussion of venue for OK2; great.
To recap what Rufus and i have talked about; this year it would be
great to have a proper request for papers and a programme committee.
But, we would still want to set a theme and scope for the tracks,
and to invite a few special speakers.

I would like an "Open Transport" session this time and there is one
person I would particularly want to invite, as soon as plausible.
So, picking a date comes before and along with picking a space.

I see that ETech is March 3-6 next year and is an overlap to avoid.

    March 2008
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                   1
 2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

The 23rd is Easter Sunday, an early one this year. So the 15th might
make sense putting us at the start of the academic holiday.
Or would be think about going earlier?

jo