[okfn-discuss] Re: Mathias Klang thesis and blog

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Jun 17 11:56:18 UTC 2007

Dr P. Murray-Rust wrote:
> You probably know of this already but I was delighted to discover
> Mathias Klang who was the first student in Sweden to release his thesis
> under CC. FWIW it has been difficult to find many CC theses and it seems
> that often the university doesn't give positive help

This is great stuff and as you say Universities provide little
assistance -- not necessarily because of any active opposition but
because most academics don't know anything about open content is and why
it would matter. However I have some hope that is gradually changing --
I certainly think there is growing awareness among academics of the Open
Access campaign.

> Mathias is also a prolific blogger
> http://www.ituniv.se/~klang/wrote/
> many of which are on liberating things.

Checking that out I see that he is at the iCommons, here in Dubrovnik,
where I am too.