[okfn-discuss] Re: final lineup for Open Media panel

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 1 12:41:50 UTC 2007

andrea rota wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 03:52:54PM +0000, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> [...]
>> Sure. That would be great. Would you guys also be interested in
>> presenting a demo or similar in the open space?
>
> I was at a great presentation yesterday in Goldsmiths, University of
> London, with the team who is planning the digitization project of Sally
> Potter's complete archive - with a planned web interface to add
> annotation and connect data and metadata in the archive.
[snip]

Sounds really interesting.

> So while the project itself is not a purely open media project, I
> thought it would be interesting if they came and presented the project
> at OKCon - should be an interesting exchange of opinions and
> suggestions.

They should definitely come.

> They're keen to come, so may I suggest that we allocate 30 to 40 mins to
> their presentation + qa session in the open space?

Perfect though given that the open space only has a total length of 1h30
I'm not sure we could allocate 40 minutes to them though we can see how
this pans out (depending on demand we might split the open space between
two different locations). Why don't you suggest the idea of attending to
them and ask if they'd like to post a proposal on:

   http://okfn.org/wiki/okcon/

Also, as I said it would be for you guys to do a presentation on what
you have been up to with deptford.tv and related stuff in the open space
slot (for example I've proposed doing a 10 minute talk on the public
domain burn and the associated public domain works database[1] in that
slot).

[1]: http://www.publicdomainworks.net/
      http://www.okfn.org/pdw/