[okfn-discuss] Re: final lineup for Open Media panel

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Mar 8 10:28:33 UTC 2007

andrea rota wrote:
[snip]
> Ok - I've updated the wiki a couple of days ago and wish to check that
> this is okay for everybody - the SP-ARK team propose to run their video
> presentation, which now includes some footage from the presentation they
> run in Goldsmiths last week, sparking a lot of excitement across the uni
> here, followed by Q+A/discussion - 15' minutes for the presentation and
> 15' for the discussion.

Sounds good -- btw do they need any specific A/V facilities for this to
work?

> They are also extending the invitation to attend the event to their
> contacts, so this should bring other people to the event.

Great.

> can we confirm a 30' slot in the open space for this? can we also set a
> time for this, to start scheduling the open space session? 5pm?

That is a good question -- it is a rather large chunk of time and the
original idea was for presentations in this slot to be quite short 10-15
minutes. That said what they are doing sounds great so we definitely try
and ensure they have enough time to present properly.

Given we now have 6 proposals listed (and I know of at least one
unlisted one from Julian Todd and Simon on UN data) we are close to (or
even over capacity) if we only have one room (15 min slots gives us 6/7
slots in the open space session).

Question 1: Do we have more than 1 room?

We definitely have the main hall but I remember that last time there was
quite a substantial downstairs room which could be used for
presentations (though I'm not sure it has a projector or anything like
that).

Question 2: How do we allocate slots. If we have 15 minute slots (and
extend to 1845) we have 7 slots per room which gives us something like:

|| Slot      || Who || What ||
|| 1700-1715 || -   || -    ||
|| 1715-1730 || -   || -    ||
|| 1730-1745 || -   || -    ||
|| 1745-1800 || -   || -    ||
|| 1800-1815 || -   || -    ||
|| 1815-1830 || -   || -    ||
|| 1830-1845 || -   || -    ||

I am going to post this up on the wiki and then people can start
reserving slots individually. We will of course discuss this further on
irc this evening