[okfn-discuss] Open Environmental Data

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Mon Nov 12 18:51:51 UTC 2007

Ben Harden (at the new Grantham Institute for Climate Change [1]) and I
have started putting together a few wiki pages about environmental data:

   http://www.okfn.org/wiki/OpenEnvironmentalData

So far we've got a brief section on relevant law/policy [2] and
commented lists of datasets [3], dataset distributors [4], research
groups [5], and  F/OS software packages that can be used to
analyse/represent the data [6].

Links to datasets are going to be added to CKAN.

I think we're going to start writing to researchers/distributors where
licenses or terms of use are unclear or absent.

As usual, any input, comments, feedback etc. would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Jonathan

[1] http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/climatechange
[2] http://www.okfn.org/wiki/OpenEnvironmentalData/Policy