[okfn-discuss] [ANN] Open-source innovation platform Cofundos.org

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Oct 22 16:49:38 UTC 2007

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> I entirely agree. I think the basic idea was to get a 'board' of the
> great and the good in that particular field to be the fund allocators.

I'm definitely interested, so count me in and let me know what can be
done to bring the idea forward.

> That would be great if the org/person was willing to do that (or you
> could have some voting setup). However, often a large organization (or
> even a small one) might simply want to 'donate and forget' -- leaving it
> up to others to do the analysis and allocation but knowing that they had
> done their 'offset'.

Yes, you are right, probably there should be some default mechanism for
distributing them and maybe Cofundus would be a good place doing that.
Assuming that the most popular Cofundos projects are also widely used
and needed ones funds could be automatically distributed amongst the
Cofundos projects above a certain threshold. I.e. all community
donations for projects above 1000 Euro will be matched by with a
corresponding donation by such a fund.

Sören