[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2008

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Oct 30 17:22:21 UTC 2007

Saul Albert wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:13:56PM +0100, Jonathan wrote:
>>    http://www.okfn.org/wiki/okcon2008/announce
>>    http://www.okfn.org/wiki/okcon2008/callsforproposals
>
> These look good - I think it might be good to flesh them out a bit more
> before sending them out as they seem a little general to me atm.

I agree with you here Saul, as per my previous response on this item.
Jonathan: do you think you will have a chance to revise/revisit this week?

> I had a very interesting meeting with NODE.London people last night,
> and they expressed an interest in possibly contributing to ok2, and
> maybe helping with fund-raising to generate a reader and maybe fly some
> guests in.

That's fantastic.

[snip: nice stuff about wsfii in 2005 :) ]

> Could we schedule another ok2 irc conference in the next week or so that
> could help focus the ideas for the call-out, and I'd like to talk about
> the potential partnerships I have in mind to see if that might help us
> get the international reach we were talking about.

It would be worth scheduling this together with the monthly OKFN irc
meeting. Is next wednesday at 1800 too short notice? I've put up a
preliminary wiki page:

   http://okfn.org/wiki/meetings/2007-11

~rufus