[okfn-discuss] OKCon 2008

Saul Albert saul at theps.net
Tue Oct 30 08:52:44 UTC 2007

Hi Jonathan,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 06:13:56PM +0100, Jonathan wrote:
>    http://www.okfn.org/wiki/okcon2008/announce
>    http://www.okfn.org/wiki/okcon2008/callsforproposals

These look good - I think it might be good to flesh them out a bit more
before sending them out as they seem a little general to me atm.

I had a very interesting meeting with NODE.London people last night,
and they expressed an interest in possibly contributing to ok2, and
maybe helping with fund-raising to generate a reader and maybe fly some
guests in.

Julian reminded me of a wonderful moment in October 2005 (during the
build-up to WSFII.London) when we had a bunch of people in a room -
each with their own agendas and institutional foci, and WSFII was just
a funny name. The conjunction of interests started a snowball that
rolled into WSFII and associated events in October 2005 -
http://nodel.org/october.php which - looking back on it was an excellent
decentralised model of fund-raising and events organisation that
extended the impact of WSFII around the world and into it's current
global, ongoing form.

Could we schedule another ok2 irc conference in the next week or so that
could help focus the ideas for the call-out, and I'd like to talk about
the potential partnerships I have in mind to see if that might help us
get the international reach we were talking about.

Cheers,

Saul.
--
The People Speak   | 17-25 Cremer St.  London E2 8HD | http://theps.net