[okfn-discuss] Oxford Local Group

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Wed Apr 23 13:37:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Nate Olson <nate at pjsp.org> wrote:
> Dear Iain,
>
>  A very good idea! I've traded a couple emails with JZ in the past,
>  but I've yet actually to meet him. If we can find an open slot in his
>  schedule, though, I gather he'd be happy to be involved with
>  something like OKF. He normally has a pretty packed schedule, but it
>  wouldn't hurt to try.
>
>  Anyone else within earshot know him (or perhaps another person at the
>  Oxford Internet Institute)?

He's almost always amenable to talking, though he's definitely very
busy with the recent release of his book, and is current more focused
on network policy than open content, so YMMV at this time.

He's generally very approachable- busy, but a really, really nice guy;
not at all arrogant/aloof. Can't hurt to email him, esp. if you've got
an Oxford tie- in talking to him I get the sense he wants to be more
involved in the Oxford community.

I'd offer to make an introduction, but I've already bugged him about
another pet project this week, so I'm trying to save my chits.

Luis (former employee of JZ's)