[okfn-discuss] Open topological data

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Dec 19 06:36:27 UTC 2008

Hi friends,

I am looking for open and downloadable topological data for an example of
visualization in Mayavi. We need it to be webbased, because for disk
space reasons we cannot ship it with Mayavi. We used to use some data
located on the French geographic survey site, but they reorganised the
site, and the data is no longer there. This is why I would like open
data, with some garanty on its availibility.

More generaly, if you have open data that you think could be nicely
viewed on 3D, I am making an example library for Mayavi, so I am all
ears. I am not looking for too many graphs, as this is not where Mayavi
shines :).

Cheers,

Gaël