[okfn-discuss] Open Data Commons

Jordan Hatcher's lists lists at twitchgamer.net
Wed Feb 6 19:54:01 UTC 2008

On 6 Feb 2008, at 18:24, Sören Auer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Started by Talis the Open Data Commons project aims to provide a
> license
> for open data:
>
> http://www.opendatacommons.org
>
> Shouldn't we investigate how to collaborate? A listing on the Open
> Knowledge compatible licenses page might be appropriate as a first
> step. ;-)
>
> Best,
>
> --Sören

Hi Sören!

I'm actually on the list (I together with Charlotte and supported by
Talis drafted the licence) in Oxford right now discussing with Rufus
about Open Data Commons. I announced it to the list back in December,
but admittedly it was buried in an email about the Science Commons
protocol and the licences. OKF has very kindly agreed to provide a
home to the licences, which means taking over the hosting and any
updating that is needed.

Announcement (Rufus response)
<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-discuss/2008-January/000691.html>

As far as updating the compatible licence page, I thought we'd wait
till the PDDL is live before changing it -- which is why I haven't
changed the licence page.  If you think it should be up there now,
please feel free to post it.

Thanks for posting about Open Data Commons to the list.

All the best,

Thanks!

~Jordan

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
OC Blog: http://opencontentlawyer.com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Open Data Commons
<http://opendatacommons.org>

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007