[okfn-discuss] Open Data Commons

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Feb 6 20:05:56 UTC 2008

Jordan Hatcher's lists wrote:
> I'm actually on the list (I together with Charlotte and supported by
> Talis drafted the licence) in Oxford right now discussing with Rufus
> about Open Data Commons.

Great, even better. I already expected, that there is some kind of
exchange (also due to the spatial co-locality ;-) Sorry for overlooking
your earlier email.

> As far as updating the compatible licence page, I thought we'd wait till
> the PDDL is live before changing it -- which is why I haven't changed
> the licence page.  If you think it should be up there now, please feel
> free to post it.

No, probably its better to wait until the license reached a first level
of maturity.
It could be also interesting for our DBpedia project to license the
DBpedia datasets under some more data/knowledge specific license (e.g.
the Open Data Commons License). Do you think ODCL is compatible with
data extracted from content released under GFDL.
As I understood ODCL is not (yet?) planned to offer different variants
(as CC does) with regard to attribution, possible uses etc.?

Best,

Sören