[okfn-discuss] Barcamp UK Gov Web (and getting the word out about OKCon)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 21 17:13:52 UTC 2008

Somehow I must not have noticed but this Saturday there's a UK Gov Web
barcamp:

   <http://barcamp.org/BarcampUKGovweb>

Looks interesting and it appears that Jonathan at least was aware of its
existence as he has already signed up to go! Look forward to getting
feedback and I think the thing to really emphasize here is:

   * Opennes, Openness, Openness (i.e. make it available and make sure
the license is open)
   * Keep it simple (or "give us the data raw, and give it to us now"[1])

~rufus

[1]:<http://blog.okfn.org/2007/11/07/give-us-the-data-raw-and-give-it-to-us-now/>

PS: my unawareness of this event just goes to show how important it is
to get the word out about OKCon. So if you're on a list or know someone
who'd be interested make sure you mail them. The standard announce email
was in the original email to this list or can be found online at the
link below (from which you can just copy and paste):

   <http://okfn.org/wiki/okcon2008/material>