[okfn-discuss] Second CKAN Package Party?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 1 08:55:38 UTC 2008

On 17/06/08 22:26, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Today the number of packages on CKAN passed the 200 mark:
>
>    http://blog.okfn.org/2008/06/17/over-200-packages-on-ckan/

This is great news. We now have 212!

> It would be great to have another package party sometime in the
> not-too-distant future to try and keep the ball rolling. I've created a
> page for this here:
>
>    http://okfn.org/wiki/CkanPackageParty/2

A big +1 on this. I've already signed up. We should probably use doodle
(or similar) to start picking some dates.

> What do people think about dates? Does later in June or July suit? If
> there was enough interest, I thought it could be fun for people near each
> other to meet somewhere with wifi and drinks, and to co-ordinate with
> other interested parties online!

Do you have plans for another London meetup? Perhaps we could sync it
with that? (I'm going to be down in London around the 10th/11th of
July). If a physical meetup does not work out we can always do a virtual
package-party based around irc as we did last time.

> I've also created a page on the wiki for notes about CKAN that don't yet
> seem to have a home, including a list of places to look for packages to
> add and a list of suggestions for new features:

Great idea, the wiki-lists were starting to proliferate :)

~rufus