[okfn-discuss] Taking the Open Service Definition to 1.0

Masayuki Hatta mhatta at mhatta.org
Tue Jul 1 11:33:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

>    <http://www.opendefinition.org/osd/>

> I'd also welcome comments on 2 specific issues:

> 1. Naming: should it be Free/Open Service Definition or just plain
> Open Service Definition?

> 2. URL: should we go for the short 'osd' or the longer
> 'open_service_definition' (or even just 'open_service' or
> 'free_open_service').

I think there have been already too many "OSD" acronyms -- especially,
for the Open *Source* Definition.  Isn't it a good idea to change the
name/URL before it become too popular, to avoid confusion in the
future?

Unfortunately, I don't come up with any good candidates -- possibly,
OSSD(means the Open SaaS Definition)?  I know it sounds rather bad
and/or stupid ;-)

Best regards,
MH

--
Masayuki Hatta
Graduate School of Economics, The University of Tokyo

http://www.mhatta.org/

mhatta at grad.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp / mhatta at mhatta.org
mhatta at gnu.org / mhatta at debian.org / mhatta at opensource.jp