[okfn-discuss] Licence approval

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Jul 11 13:26:03 UTC 2008

Dear Micu,

I think support for the EFF Open Audio license is discontinued. It is,
however, compliant with the Open Knowledge Definition (which is very
similar to the Definition of Free Cultural Works, but includes data in
addition to content/cultural works):

   http://opendefinition.org/licenses
   http://opendefinition.org/

I haven't seen the Open Music License before. Do you know how many
people use it, or whether it is being developed? I note that it says
draft and is dated April 2001. Perhaps we should also list it in the
'discontinued' section - if we can establish that development has
ceased. Also I suspect that using the license with the "media locking
option" on might not be compliant with Free Cultural Works or the Open
Knowledge Definition - which could be worth noting!

I hope this is helpful!

Warm regards,

Jonathan