[okfn-discuss] 8 Principles of Open Government Data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu May 8 07:44:19 UTC 2008

On 03/05/08 01:17, Schuyler Erle wrote:
> Probably you all have seen this before, but for the open geodata
> campaigners out there, here's a fairly nice and succinct set of core
> principles articulated around a definition of "open government data",
> courtesy of the EveryBlock blog:
>
> http://resource.org/8_principles.html

Much appreciate the heads-up on this Schuyler. As you surmise we did
pick up on this when it first came out:

<http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-discuss/2007-December/000673.html>

I think Jonathan Gray is on their mailing list but I don't know how
successful we were in getting in contact, particularly to chat about the
potential inter-relation of these 8 Principles and the Open Knowledge
Definition. Any assistance in that direction would be most welcome in fact.

~rufus