[okfn-discuss] Digital Standards and the "Hague declaration"

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Wed May 14 22:42:24 UTC 2008

dear all,

The new "Digital Standards Organisation", an OSI-like organisation
with some familiar names attached to it, is launching around a
Declaration on the importance of open "digital standards" and asking
for signups in support: http://www.digistan.org/hague-declaration:en

I wrote a bit about what I make of their work and how it relates to
some of what's being done at opendefinition.org here on the OKFN blog:
http://blog.okfn.org/2008/05/14/dispatches-from-digistan/

----- Forwarded message from Chris Puttick <chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net> -----
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Sign the Hague declaration

Hi all

A new group is being formed to promote open digital standards, starting with a declaration regarding the importance of digital standards being truly open:

http://www.digistan.org/hague-declaration:en

Please read it and sign if you agree. I'm sure most working with spatial data would have encountered problems with the core areas where standards are missing or not being supported properly. Think GIS projects. Or CAD. I'm sure there are others...

Cheers

Chris

------

----- End forwarded message -----