[okfn-discuss] a lay person's guide to licensing geographic data

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Apr 20 11:42:23 UTC 2009

2009/4/4 Mr. Puneet Kishor <punkish at eidesis.org>:
> http://www.punkish.org/Licensing-Geographic-Data

Great stuff -- and some more interesting legal decisions from the US.

> Needless to say, this is, for now, US-centric, as that is where I
> live, and that is what I (don't) understand.
>
> Please send me feedback and comments so I can improve it, make it
> clearer, etc. Hopefully, I will be able to follow this up with some
> insight into other parts of the world.

You might want to mention the Public Domain Dedication and License
(PDDL) as well as CC Zero:

<http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/1.0/>

You should also link your piece from the Open Data Licensing we've
been developing for the last couple of years guide somewhere:

  <http://wiki.okfn.org/OpenDataLicensing>