[okfn-discuss] Making The OKF Blog Better: Featured Projects, Guest Posts, ...?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Aug 20 18:42:14 UTC 2009

2009/8/20 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> I have recently been thinking about several things we could do to make
> the OKF blog better. A few ideas are:
>
> ## 1. Featured open knowledge projects

I think this is a great idea.

>    * In depth posts on open knowledge projects such as MusicBrainz,
> Librivox, the OMDB, ...

All sound good -- I guess we can also start looking through the list
of fully open items on CKAN.

If people have suggestions for projects we should cover please let us
know -- it would be particularly nice to cover smaller projects which
aren't so well-known.

[...]

>    * (Started a page about this on the wiki at:
> http://wiki.okfn.org/FeaturedProjects )

Do we already have a tag on the blog for this or do we want a new one?
It would be useful to have this so we can easily aggregate such
information.

> ## 2. More guest posts

I think here we should focus on who rather than what (we can leave the
what up to them!)

> ## 3. More mini-items
>    * Open knowledge project updates, nice images, visualisations,
> bits of analysis using open datasets, anecdotes...

Rather than have people email or post stuff here I was wondering if
there is a way we can harness del.icio.us, twitter, identi.ca etc for
this purpose -- i.e. people just tag stuff on there and we can then
pick it up.

To that end what unique tag should we use? #oknews? #okstuff?